Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something is wrong with my sun roof and i dont know what it is. when i push the button to open it it just goes down and it stops moving. but when i look at the track on the right side it moves but doesnt pull nothin and the left side doesnt move is it off the tracks or whats the problem thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By open it do you mean slide it into the roof or tip the back up? if you are trying to slide it into the roof the slides pads may be broken.

when i push the button the sunroof dips down on the back side then stops idk what it is but it seems like the one side of the tracks is not on bc the one side dont move as much . it only tips up it doesnt go back into the roof it stops make noise once the back dips down

·
Registered
984 Posts
sunroofs are neglected most of the time by not being lubed and causes them to freeze or operate sloppy. the tracks and motor need to be lubed to avoid these things from happening.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sunroofs are neglected most of the time by not being lubed and causes them to freeze or operate sloppy. the tracks and motor need to be lubed to avoid these things from happening.

so i should grease everything up and that should work?
if not how would i be able to push the sun roof back to see whats wrong? and fix it

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just replaced mine. I will try to show u some pics of what breaks and what goes where.yes neglect but I had two issues one is the is two clips on each side of the track that interlock and complete the three functions mine was broke. Also can you manually turn it with the Allen key in the motor? Careful not to force AT ALL. If its tweak chances are it's broke. Hope it helps a lil

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced mine. I will try to show u some pics of what breaks and what goes where.yes neglect but I had two issues one is the is two clips on each side of the track that interlock and complete the three functions mine was broke. Also can you manually turn it with the Allen key in the motor? Careful not to force AT ALL. If its tweak chances are it's broke. Hope it helps a lil
Could you send me the pictures as well? I have a broken sunroof - stuck in the popped up position [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find those clips....one of mine broke and now the sunroof wont close....last year when this happened someone posted about a replacement that can be used from an Audi or some other car. Now I cant find it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts