Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Trunk latch

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Skimmer0220 
#1 ·
I am having trouble with my truck latching... I have to slam it several times before it will latch

#8 ·
Did you have it replaced?
yea those are the worst, I have the same issue, same model, same motor, same trim level, same year gosh I hate it too
so if you couldn't tell I was joking, if you could please enlighten us with what model, the latch typically go's bad, they are really easy to replace depending on what model you have, a mk4 you undo some screws and you have quick access to the latch and can replace it, if it's a later model you'll need to undo some T20 or T25 screws and then pop off the plastic piece and then you will have access to the latch however if you don't have a comprehensive set of tools this is where you will run into a small issue, the bolts for the latch are triple square, I don't know exactly what size it is but there triple square

so the latch isn't imposible to replace just not the easiest if you don't have a good set of tools

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.