Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
125whp/125wtrq
2,077 Posts
yes headers ARE worth it, and not just for sound, power ups too! they are just one more peice the the puzzle. cam, chip, intake and sense you already have great cat back. this thing should fly quite nicely. even on a 2.0 headers are worth the power, and sound.

·
125whp/125wtrq
2,077 Posts
well really trubo'ed cars only have down pipes in my book. yea our cars are in two parts the exhaust manifold and the "down pipe" but it wont do anything on our cars if you change that, and there isnt an upgrade for that "down pipe" just stock and headers.

and racelands stuff is pretty good. thinking about getting mys self a header too! sub $200 lol
http://www.racelandus.com/p-150-exhaust-headers-for-vw-golf-mkiii-mk3-vr6.aspx

·
125whp/125wtrq
2,077 Posts
havent really read much about p-chip on the vr6 but i have read good things about C2. think there is a few people on here who run it.

if your going to pay 100+ dollars for a chip to gain 10hp you might as well save up your pennies for cams+chip then you will get a really nice boost in power. and it will sound amazing.

·
125whp/125wtrq
2,077 Posts
is it constant shhh or a sshh sshh sshh? i have redone everything in my car with poly bushings i dont have any metal noise. the one noise that i do have is the diff humming because its on its way out lol.

·
125whp/125wtrq
2,077 Posts
did you check your pads? if a a slide got stuck on your caliper, then the pad would wear down to the metal that its attached to, and cause that sound. that has also happened to me. or it could be the pad is touching the rotor a little bit.

·
125whp/125wtrq
2,077 Posts
their the guide pins on the caliper and caliper bracket. it limits movement to only in and out. and hold the caliper bracket in place.
Auto part Motor vehicle Line art Drawing Automotive engine part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts