Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 2.0 jetta now and am probably going to be upgrading to a vr6 soon. ( The 2.0 sounds good just not a good engine to mod and the 1.8t is great but the vr6 has an awesome exhaust note.)
I was wanting to know what vr6 motor I should look out for and what years are best.

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
There's only 2 vr motors a 12v and 24v the 12v I'd from 99.5-02.5 and the 24v is from 02.5-05 I believe so pick your poison

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Extra-Medium
36 Posts
If youre looking for just sound I'd say 24v. however, if you plan on building it I guess the 12v would be simpler to work on if you dont have much experience. also with the newer 24v you are more likely to get a car with less miles/wear and tear.
stuff to look out for is timing chain slapping b/t 2500rpms-3500rpms and cracked coil pack

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
If youre looking for just sound I'd say 24v. however, if you plan on building it I guess the 12v would be simpler to work on if you dont have much experience. also with the newer 24v you are more likely to get a car with less miles/wear and tear.
stuff to look out for is timing chain slapping b/t 2500rpms-3500rpms and cracked coil pack
my 12v sound is orgasmic soooo any vr sounds great

·
Registered
34 Posts
x2 on the 12v sound. Love mine, however the 24v comes stock with higher hp and tq. Also, the 24v has tune options from different companies while the 12v does not. (not impressive jump in HP, but its something.)

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
x2 on the 12v sound. Love mine, however the 24v comes stock with higher hp and tq. Also, the 24v has tune options from different companies while the 12v does not. (not impressive jump in HP, but its something.)
There's lots of different tune options for the 12v

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts