Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been up and down the inter-webs trying to find the solution to my problem and this is my last resort. With that said let me begin:

I woke up this morning to an automobile bolt laying on my driveway. Not good. I have no idea where it came from. It was in the same place the front of my car was parked last night after I left.. After doing a little research I took it to the VW and Volvo Service Center..

"Im pretty sure we dont use thoes bolts but let me check." the guy said to me as I gasped in relief.

"Yup! This bolt is to an American Car! Its not European. Have a nice day".
The weight was lifted off my shoulders! My baby isn't missing a valuable bolt!

So I get home and pop the hood and what do you know?! The engine is filled with the same bolt heads.. So much for an AMERICAN bolt.

I would appreciate if you can give me some insight as to what you guys think might have happened, and where this thing is from. My car is still under its three year warranty and I shouldn't be treated like this.

very much appreciated

the bolt head says on it

307A
CYI

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE*

Just got off the live chat with a VW assistant.. CYI or Gem-Insustrial isn't a supplier to VW. Good news to me. Now I just sent a claim to the research team of Lincoln/Ford. If they come back with a positive ID of having their products made with CYI parts, my JETTi is in tip top shape.. <3

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
So VW dealer didn't lie to you, ha? I'd go back and apologize... Lol nah just messing with ya. Glad it's all good.

Now, the question is if someone who lives with you drive an American car? Maybe they are missing something?

Sent by a pigeon from the top of the roof rack

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha no it was probably from my brother's friend's Lincoln. I own the Jetta straight out and the 3 year warranty is about to expire so I was put under pressure. This is an awesome forum though, glad I came and registered.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Welcome. But make sure to introduce yourself and your ride in in appropriate thread I think it's called "vw enthusiast introduction thread"

Sent by a pigeon from the top of the roof rack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts