Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get new headlights for my 2001 jetta but im not quite sure what kind i want. if anyone has any ideas of some headlights that would look good please let me know

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh what the hell I'm feeling generous today. Pick your poison:

http://jettajunkie.com/vw-jetta/showthread.php?6111-**MKIV-Head-and-Tail-light-noob-guide**

Just make sure you search around next time, the search box is in the blue bar on the top right of the page. There's also a sticky in the MKIV section you might want to take a peak at.
Had to reply to your post. Do you think that you can actually get good information from the search engine? It isn't always possible. Even if you did search(and most people are smart enough to find the search box) and you get to the page you directed the OP to -- what does the headlight guide really say? It says that you shouldn't buy these lights. What lights are these? Brands? Manufacturers? All it does is show a pic and never makes any other suggestions as far as a good brand to purchase. According to the headlight guide it's either E-code or OEM HIDs. Where does that allow for differences of opinions. What if I can't afford HID lights, especially OEM ones? What if I'm looking for a reasonably priced headlight pair that will look good and last for a while? When someone gets on a forum and asks a reasonable question I think it's quite elitist and possibly snobbish to suggest that none of the members have time to answer "because you aren't playing the game correctly if you don't search first". Just answer the question.
Yes, I'm fairly new here too. I hope I can get better help than this when I need it.

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
Had to reply to your post. Do you think that you can actually get good information from the search engine? It isn't always possible. Even if you did search(and most people are smart enough to find the search box) and you get to the page you directed the OP to -- what does the headlight guide really say? It says that you shouldn't buy these lights. What lights are these? Brands? Manufacturers? All it does is show a pic and never makes any other suggestions as far as a good brand to purchase. According to the headlight guide it's either E-code or OEM HIDs. Where does that allow for differences of opinions. What if I can't afford HID lights, especially OEM ones? What if I'm looking for a reasonably priced headlight pair that will look good and last for a while? When someone gets on a forum and asks a reasonable question I think it's quite elitist and possibly snobbish to suggest that none of the members have time to answer "because you aren't playing the game correctly if you don't search first". Just answer the question.
Yes, I'm fairly new here too. I hope I can get better help than this when I need it.
1. You're talking to the guy who just answered every one of your questions in your first post.
2. You talk like you're under the assumption that this was the ONLY post about headlights. We get at least one question, exactly (not almost but exactly) like the one in this thread every week. As far as your question about options, that is a guide to headlights, if you don't want to follow it dont. I'm not holding a gun to your head telling you to follow the guide like the bible. Just don't get made when you show off your new eBay projectors and everybody tells you that they look like ass, because it will happen and affordability wise I believe it states right there in the guide that if you're on a budget joey modding your stock lights is a good start. It looks good and costs MAYBE 25 bucks in supplies and a little time.

3. Don't bump old threads with pointless replys.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Talking to mgardiner but I don't want to quote that huge mass of text.

You're looking too far into it here man. OEM is always the best quality product you're going to find. If a part wasn't meant to be put on the car, VW wouldn't have used it. And if there was a better quality part to put on the car, VW would have used it. You're going to sacrifice quality nine times out of ten when you go aftermarket, especially when you're buying headlights.

The headlight guide also directs you to the online dealer reputation thread, another thread we've made to stop continuous questions about where to buy things from a reputable seller. That thread will direct you to the best places to buy things, you think the brands they sell are good? Probably if they got upvoted, probably not if they got downvoted. It's common sense, we shouldn't have to walk you through life in baby steps.

I'm with N00b here, there was no reason for you to do that. Don't come here looking for the answer to life's greatest questions, because you won't get them. We're just helpful guys who love our cars as much as the next. We're not experts, we don't know everything, and there really isn't any reason we should continue to answer the same questions over and over again when the resources have been made available to find what you need. We're here to help, but not to babysit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts