Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

5161 - 5180 of 6980 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
considering no chipped paint, anyone got any cost effective suggestions for pulling debts out?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
My sister's brand new 2012 Nissan rogue is fucked by hail. She's taking it in to some shop that use strong electro magnet to pull the dents. I'll see how they do her car and depends on results take mine in. I discovered some more dents on the hood :/

·
Registered
790 Posts
you could try the hair dryer/compressed air trick. Heat the dent with the hair dryer until it's warm to the touch, then with the compressed air can upside down, spray it until the dent pops. It will work, as long as there isn't any crease in the dent, and you have to use the compressed air right after the hair dryer. It's the rapid change from hot to cold that makes it pop. Also, don't try this on plastic.

·
Registered
303 Posts
you could try the hair dryer/compressed air trick. Heat the dent with the hair dryer until it's warm to the touch, then with the compressed air can upside down, spray it until the dent pops. It will work, as long as there isn't any crease in the dent, and you have to use the compressed air right after the hair dryer. It's the rapid change from hot to cold that makes it pop. Also, don't try this on plastic.
They recommend doing it right after you get the dent as the metal retains its "memory form" so it can "snap" back, but its been a few days since then so I am not sure it'll work.

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
They recommend doing it right after you get the dent as the metal retains its "memory form" so it can "snap" back, but its been a few days since then so I am not sure it'll work.
Yeah cause we all watch our cars get dented.... Lol

Sent from my Phablet AKA Samsung Galaxy Note 4G LTE via the dark side.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Cracked my bumper, but not my lip. Its not bad it just not holding my lip anymore as good as before.. checked a wheel bearing and drove to Philadelphia as well to sell the bbs lol, car ran fine though
:cool:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

·
6 Gears & 4 Doors
864 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
hose pic.jpg Rigged a coolant hose that was rubbing on the alternator pulley. Hoping that it will last.

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

5161 - 5180 of 6980 Posts