Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!
What other 02J (manual)transmissions can i use in my car? 2003 1.8T 5spd 02J trans code "EHA". My 2nd and 3rd gear synchros have taken a turn for the worse and i need to put a used trans in while i rebuild the current one. Another "EHA" would be ideal (i know) but that might not be an option considering local availability.

Just to get this out of the way.... i have tried to remedy the 2nd and 3rd gear grinding. Yes i have changed the fluid, yes i have replaced the shifter bushings, yes i have reset the shifter adjustment with the 5mm tool. It's time for a rebuild :mad:

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, i have an update. After some more research i did another fluid change. Instead of the manufacturer recommended fluid, i used Red Line's MT90 fluid. HOLY **** it worked!! Grinding is totally gone! I've never had a dramatic effect like this from trying another fluid. Who knows how long it will keep the grinding at bay though, i hope it lasts!

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
Ok, i have an update. After some more research i did another fluid change. Instead of the manufacturer recommended fluid, i used Red Line's MT90 fluid. HOLY **** it worked!! Grinding is totally gone! I've never had a dramatic effect like this from trying another fluid. Who knows how long it will keep the grinding at bay though, i hope it lasts!
Glad to hear I changed mine to the same stuff but it didn't fix my grinding between 1st and 2nd

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts