Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i am Mustafa i am new here and have a question. I am think about tuning my 2005 volkswagen jetta Gli 1.8ti automatic. I dont want to go with something to high and break the transmission. What tune should i go with stage 1, 1+, or 2. thanks for your help.:):)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I don't think you'll break your transmission, but with increased performance you'll start to have wear and tear a lot sooner.

What are you trying to get out of your vehicle?

IMO go with stage 2 or 2+, unless your not looking for a decent increase in performance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
With each of those you will have to change out some of the stock parts, the higher tune you go the more parts will have to be upgraded. I have a 2+ on my 1.8t because that's what the car had when I bought it and I can tell you it is fun to drive but I am having a lot of problems with it being reliable. I think that has more to do with the previous owner beating the car hard and not caring for it but you will def have more maintenance more often. For a daily I would say a 1 or 1+ but that's just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a stage 2+ by unitronics and I have a few questions
With each of those you will have to change out some of the stock parts, the higher tune you go the more parts will have to be upgraded. I have a 2+ on my 1.8t because that's what the car had when I bought it and I can tell you it is fun to drive but I am having a lot of problems with it being reliable. I think that has more to do with the previous owner beating the car hard and not caring for it but you will def have more maintenance more often. For a daily I would say a 1 or 1+ but that's just my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.