Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between wheel spacers from different companies? The question has to do with the difference in design, such as 42 Draft Designs spacers have a pocket machined into them making them lighter, where as Esc Tuning spacers are solid. Both use 6061 aluminum, so was just curious if the difference in weight has any significant advantage between the two or even from spacers from eBay?

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
Go with 42draft design great product and a great company, I replaced my ECS spacers with 42 ones

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Is there a difference between wheel spacers from different companies? The question has to do with the difference in design, such as 42 Draft Designs spacers have a pocket machined into them making them lighter, where as Esc Tuning spacers are solid. Both use 6061 aluminum, so was just curious if the difference in weight has any significant advantage between the two or even from spacers from eBay?
There isn't a real difference besides being lighter, which you don't really need to worry about unless RACEKOR. Be careful with ebay spacers though. You want a quality spacer, don't want that **** breaking or fusing to your hub/wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
42 Draft Design is what I was leaning toward. Just wondered if there was a difference. They are running a 10% off on spacers and adapters until 7/25.

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
look at dubstopimport that's where I got mine and their nice
x2 I'm running FK fronts and dubstop rears. No complaints with either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try the BONOSS wheel spacers, they are ASEWOME, the material is 6061-T6 and 7075-T6 aluminum alloy, grade 12.9 extended wheel bolts. they have a new function: " lightweight plus", reduce the 20% weight on average

1 - 10 of 10 Posts