Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 jetta 2.5 I have old had it a few months and so far it has run great, but today randomly on my way to work I noticed a plume of whitish blue smoke would puff out of the tail pipe and then quit once I got going but no other problems such as lost performance or overheating. The vehicle has around 113k on it. I am hoping it is nothing serious, thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
13,665 Posts
I have a 2006 jetta 2.5 I have old had it a few months and so far it has run great, but today randomly on my way to work I noticed a plume of whitish blue smoke would puff out of the tail pipe and then quit once I got going but no other problems such as lost performance or overheating. The vehicle has around 113k on it. I am hoping it is nothing serious, thanks in advance.
Your burning oil

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree, it sounds like you are burning oil if it has a "blue smoke". It is also a good idea to check out the fluid level in the radiator though and keep an eye on it for the time being.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have similar issue. 2007 Jetta 2.5, only get puff of smoke when turning sharp right at higher speeds. 100,000 miles. Any ideas? Doesn't do smoke any other time....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts