Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a little history= bought car in so good order was in small front end accident 1.8T
there is the right amount of freon, no voltage to compressor, tried bypassing pressure switch but just blows the fuse,
should i try to jump coolant temp switch? what about fan control module?
when i turn on a/c the condensor fan does not come on.

Any help would really help!:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Look at fuse on top of battery gonna be one of the green 30 amp fuses can't remember which one sometimes it melts the fuse box so look real close at the box itself will look burned or melted at contact if it is ill let ya know which wire to wire around box with new fuse to save some cashing

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
didn't see anything abnormal during inspection of fuses and box, pulled the 3 green ones and everything looked fine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
ok do u have access to a test light if you do the bundle of wire at fuse box on battery box all wires leaveing box should be hot or have power the fan controller power fuse is the green fuse closest to the strip fuses.

·
Registered
256 Posts
btw wire coming out of fuse box is all red and is a 12 gauge wire #3 on plastic plug make sure with it plugged in to fuse box u have power supply

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I jumped number 1 and # 2 terminals on plug going to coolant temp. sensor on radiator and it kicked on, condensor fan still not coming on though

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like the condensor fan is bad, i sent 12v. straight to it and nothing, and there was approx. 11.30v going to the fan from original harness

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah! thanks! I didn't know those fuses were even there..I'm learning alot about this car along the way. much different than american cars, i own a 330ci bmw but i never have to do much on it same with the 95 jetta

1 - 11 of 11 Posts