Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I got in an accident(Rear ended a van) and now my whole front assembly is in need of replacing, and i was wondering besides the obvious bumper, bumper support, and grille, is there anything else i would need to replace and if you guys have any tips on doing this i would be so great full. photos below

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bummer bro....

I would assume that if no frame damage was done then replacing those parts should be pretty easy. I've looked around and you can buy all of those without too much trouble (Other than shipping, a hood was gonna cost like 250$ from an online store I found)

Also you might want to check the "U Pull It" spots might be able to find one that got junked with a good front end and start pulling it. Bumper is about 5 bolts to remove... super easy.

I'm by no means an expert just giving a little bit of advice from what I've done to my ride. Hope it helps.

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
Ebays gonna be cheap and won for right you could dry be dealership also you may need to look into rad support unless that's fine

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts

·
Eccentric Nutjob
543 Posts
just mirrors and a dash for an s-10. The dash was damaged (most likely during shipping) I emailed them a picture and they shipped out a new one free, didnt even have to return the old one.

ordered a bunch of engine parts from them too. my dad loves them as well

·
Insult Master
299 Posts
That looks like a little fender bender. Doesn't look like any major damage was done. Just replace what you can visually see is broken, that's what I would do. That's all it looks like it needs.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Rock auto is a really good place to order from. 9 out 10 your not going to have a fitment issue. Ive personally never had a problem with anything ive ordered from them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Andys Auto Sport and everything I've got worked perfectly.
I've seen some manufacturers make OEM stuff so you might wanna take a look and see if they got stuff you need.

http://www.andysautosport.com/volkswagen/1999_2004_jetta/exterior/body_kits/

Not sure of many places locally here in ALB but maybe University VW might be able to get stuff as well just don't know how expensive it would be.

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Andys Auto Sport and everything I've got worked perfectly.
I've seen some manufacturers make OEM stuff so you might wanna take a look and see if they got stuff you need.

http://www.andysautosport.com/volkswagen/1999_2004_jetta/exterior/body_kits/

Not sure of many places locally here in ALB but maybe University VW might be able to get stuff as well just don't know how expensive it would be.
Those body kits are terrible

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
I think i found everything on amazon, painted bumper cover, radiator support, bumper reinforcement, grille, and even some headlight(One of mine has been broken for a while now) all for 675 shipped
Not bad at all may want to pick up some bolts too from ECS ya never know witch ones will be broken

1 - 20 of 34 Posts