VW Jetta: 2012 Jetta Sportwagon LOCKED UP-pushbutton start malfunction|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 Jetta Sportwagon LOCKED UP-pushbutton start malfunction

Default 2012 Jetta Sportwagon LOCKED UP-pushbutton start malfunction

Hi Folks
    first posting, this is my second tdi sportwagon, love the car until this...drove to a shop turned car off went inside, came out 5min later and car would not start, wouldn't even acknowledge the attempt. I got a steering column lock symbol on dashboard. Tried the other key fob, tried to override the start with back up start method, hold key close-push Start-Nothing. Ended up having to tow the car to the dealer where it has been for close to two weeks with no luck in starting, unlocking steering column or even getting the computer to analyze the problem. They now claim to be talking w/VW America going thru protocols.
    What's up here? Seems the dealership as never had this happen, hard to believe but...
    anybody have any worthwhile advice or heard of similar situation.
    Thanks, TnG

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 2012 Jetta Sportwagon LOCKED UP-pushbutton start malfunction

Exact same problem I had with my 2013 Jetta with 2,600 miles on it. Push the start button and nothing happens except the "yellow" steering wheel dash light is illuminated indicating a steering issue. Car was towed in to the nearest VW dealer. I could not even turn the accessory ignition on to close the windows. When the car arrived at the dealer the service manager closed the windows by popping the cover off the drivers door handle exposing the key lock and turning the key. When the mechanic went to check the car out the car fired up right away. The dealer contacted VW of America and they said they had seen this issue before and as a preventative (car now operating normally) to replace the keyless start module.

My opinion is that the procedure the service manager did to close the windows by inserting the key in the drivers side door key lock, reinitialized the computer (keyless start module). You have to realize that cars these days are like driving a laptop computer with 4 wheels. Sometimes the "computer" locks up and what do you do then with your laptop.....you reboot!

Tell you VW dealer to try using the key in the drivers side door lock to see if things reset.

So I have the exact same problem going on with my 2012 VW Jetta wagon I’ve tried the unlocking from the driver side door and still nothing. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Runforfun View Post
    So I have the exact same problem going on with my 2012 VW Jetta wagon I’ve tried the unlocking from the driver side door and still nothing. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    are you able to unlock the door? or are you talking about a push-button starting issue?
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

+ Reply to Thread