VW Jetta: Dubs On The Delaware|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dubs On The Delaware

2001 Jetta 1.8t Wolfsburg Reached is on a distinguished road Reached's Avatar

Default Dubs On The Delaware

On Sunday August 2nd 2009, Blitzkrieg Tuners presents: Dubs On The Delaware, A VW/Audi car show at the historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort located in the heart of the scenic Pocono Mountains.

Blitzkrieg Tuners is proud to offer our "backyard" to the VW/Audi community with our first "Dubs on the Delaware" event. This event will not only be a great day out to see your favorite V-Dubs at a show, but you will be able to take in the scenic environment that the Poconos is known for. Located right on the Delaware River, the Shawnee Inn and Golf Course is the perfect location for our VW/Audi car show.

Registration opens June 1st and closes at 5:00 PM on August 1st. We strongly urge you to register in advance as we expect the show to fill up before the day of the show from the initial responses we have received thus far. If the show sells out of pre-registrations, there will not be any registrations sold the day of the event. Again, we strongly urge you to register in advance to secure your spot in the show.

Fees:

Show Car Registration: $20
    (Open 6/1/09 till 8/1/09 or until full)

General Admission: $10

I am in no way linked to this. I am going and I figured if anyone is nearby and doesnt know about it can

For more information go to

VWvortex

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Dubs On The Delaware

Sorry, forgot directions XD

NEW YORK CITY, NEW JERSEY AREA

1. I-80 West (west) towards Delaware Water Gap to the Pennsylvania toll
    2. After toll, take exit 310, Delaware Water Gap
    3. Make first RIGHT turn at the top of the ramp
    4. At traffic light proceed STRAIGHT onto River Road
    5. Go under overpass, over railroad tracks, and at stop sign proceed RIGHT
    6. Stay on River Road for another 1.5 miles and The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort will be on RIGHT

WASHINGTON DC, BALTIMORE MD, VIRGINIA, PHILADELPHIA AREA

1. Take I-95 North, directly to I-476 North (PA Turnpike/Northeast Extension)
    2. On 476 North go towards US-22 East (Exit 56 Lehigh Valley)
    3. Take US-33 North
    4. Take exit to I-80 East
    5. Take exit 310, Delaware Water Gap
    6. Make a LEFT at Traffic Light onto River Road
    7. Go under overpass, over railroad tracks, and at Stop Sign proceed RIGHT
    8. Stay on River Road for another 1.5 miles and The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort will be on RIGHT

UPSTATE NEW YORK, BOSTON MA, HARTFORD CT AREA

1. Take Interstate 84-West to PA Exit 53, Matamoras/Milford
    2. Follow Route 6 West onto US 209 South
    3. After approximately 20 miles, make a LEFT turn (off 209-S) to Shawnee Mountain Ski Area onto Hollow Road
    4. Proceed 2.5 miles past Shawnee Mountain until Hollow Road dead-ends into River Road (directly in front of you will be the Shawnee Playhouse)
    5. Turn RIGHT onto River Road and the entrance to the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is 1/4 mile on LEFT

ONCE AT SHAWNEE:

Upon entering the resort, continue pass the guardhouse (the Tillinghast Golf Academy will be on your LEFT and the golf course on your RIGHT). Go over white picket bridge and the main parking lot will be on your LEFT. The main entrance of the Inn faces the Delaware River so once you park your vehicle and walk around to the front of the Inn. If you wish bellman service, you can also drive up to the portico for assistance with your luggage. If you need an elevator, enter via the rear entrance of the Inn, which you will see from the parking lot. As you enter the rear entrance double doors, make a LEFT and the elevator will be on you LEFT hand side.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Directions from online web sites, Mapquest, Yahoo, Maptoit, Maps.com, and Google Maps; to our Resort are not accurate. We are currently working with them to correct these technicalities, please be sure to cross-reference with the directions we post and/or an official road map. However, The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort recommends mappoint.com.

Well it was today. Relatively beat. For my first show it was terrible, I know we can do better than that though. It wasn't the greatest first show, but Im confident the rain had something to do with it.

However alot of the cars really weren't that asthetically pleasing. I can imagine they had crazy performance though. Over half were really friggin old, then a bit had engine swap outs, and then the few that actually looked nice.

Mine is still currently bone stock and looked better than a good portion of them, however thats probably just a personal opinion.

Anyway, Vagfair is next weekend in harrisburg and I plan on going then, possibly getting my car APRtuned and/or my boost gauge.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

I accept with information:
    1. I-80 West (west) towards Delaware Water Gap to the Pennsylvania toll
    2. After toll, take exit 310, Delaware Water Gap
    3. Make first RIGHT turn at the top of the ramp
    4. At traffic light proceed STRAIGHT onto River Road
    5. Go under overpass, over railroad tracks, and at stop sign proceed RIGHT
    6. Stay on River Road for another 1.5 miles and The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort will be on RIGHT

+ Reply to Thread