VW Jetta: Can You Identify This Part? 2006 Jetta TDI 1.9L|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can You Identify This Part? 2006 Jetta TDI 1.9L

Junior Member MasterSpyKiller is on a distinguished road MasterSpyKiller's Avatar

Default Can You Identify This Part? 2006 Jetta TDI 1.9L

VIN 3VWST81K06M669466 Engine Code BRM

Not being an ass, I just went through the Bentley Manual and online, but can't be sure what this part is and I need to replace it. It still runs (poorly), but I can't take it apart until I have the replacement part in hand because I need transportation.

CLUES
    It appears to be a valve that is stuck open and hisses when accelerating (can't hear it after about 2k RPM, maybe stops or engine noise masks?). There is noticeable blackening of the area around it (like diesel exhaust soot). It appears to have some kind of linkage on the bottom with an actuator rod extending toward the passenger side of the engine.

The image below was taken standing under the car looking from the rear toward the front of the car under the driver's seat. The heat shielded pipe (top right of image) is next to the exhaust.

The part that is stuck open is the brassy, shiny part in upper right area with very blackened linkage/attachments (right behind the L shaped thin tube).

Any suggestions gratefully welcomed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	valve edited.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	376.6 KB
ID:	30106

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Can You Identify This Part? 2006 Jetta TDI 1.9L

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSpyKiller View Post
    VIN 3VWST81K06M669466 Engine Code BRM

Not being an ass, I just went through the Bentley Manual and online, but can't be sure what this part is and I need to replace it. It still runs (poorly), but I can't take it apart until I have the replacement part in hand because I need transportation.

CLUES
    It appears to be a valve that is stuck open and hisses when accelerating (can't hear it after about 2k RPM, maybe stops or engine noise masks?). There is noticeable blackening of the area around it (like diesel exhaust soot). It appears to have some kind of linkage on the bottom with an actuator rod extending toward the passenger side of the engine.

The image below was taken standing under the car looking from the rear toward the front of the car under the driver's seat. The heat shielded pipe (top right of image) is next to the exhaust.

The part that is stuck open is the brassy, shiny part in upper right area with very blackened linkage/attachments (right behind the L shaped thin tube).

Any suggestions gratefully welcomed.

Attachment 30106
    so you required to shift on others post wowo that is great

+ Reply to Thread