VW Jetta: 56 Mpg Jetta Coupe at Detroit Autoshow|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 56 Mpg Jetta Coupe at Detroit Autoshow

I think it'll work... sdlucky7 is on a distinguished road sdlucky7's Avatar

Default 56 Mpg Jetta Coupe at Detroit Autoshow

From Inside Line:

56-MPG Volkswagen New Compact Coupe Makes World Debut at 2010 Detroit Auto Show

"DETROIT — The four-passenger Volkswagen New Concept Coupe, which makes its world debut at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show, is a German riff on what a fuel-efficient coupe crammed with style can look like. VW is not saying whether the 56-mpg NCC is bound for production, only that it shows "how Volkswagen envisions a front-wheel-drive hybrid for the compact class that would be implemented when the time is right."

The coupe bundles a 148-horsepower four-cylinder turbocharged TSI gas engine, a 20-Kw electric motor and a seven-speed direct-shift transmission. A lithium-ion battery supplies the electric motor with energy. The concept is also equipped with a stop-start system that cuts fuel consumption, especially in stop-and-go traffic. The NCC has a top speed of 141 mph and sprints from zero to 60 mph in 8.1 seconds.

"Since the NCC can also be driven in a pure electric mode, the drive system is classified as a full hybrid," VW said in a statement.

There is a studied sex appeal to the low-slung NCC, and it has such touches as LED daytime running lights and turn signal lights. The car is painted in Tungsten Silver Metallic and comes equipped with 19-inch alloy wheels. Exterior cues include a spoiler lip built into the trunk lid and a stylized diffuser.

The cockpit gets Berry White leather, a new multifunction sport steering wheel and an 8-inch touchscreen for the radio/navigation system.

Inside Line says: A full hybrid that doesn't look like a pair of sensible shoes, courtesy of VW. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent"

More Pics:

http://www.insideline.com/volkswagen...medium=twitter

Hidden Content

I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't like to arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself.

- Diane Arbus

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Fukenmüven great_kicker is on a distinguished road great_kicker's Avatar

Default Re: 56 Mpg Jetta Coupe at Detroit Autoshow

i am not much for hybrids but that looks pretty sweet
    Hidden Content ADD me
    Hidden Content
    your jetta will transform...into a transformer...and transform your ass hole into the grand canyon

Box One Collective j-man41 is on a distinguished road j-man41's Avatar

I really like the look of this. If I were to buy a hybrid this would be the one. Not sure about the white interior tho, and the center console thro the rear seats.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Cowboy BigJ389 is on a distinguished road BigJ389's Avatar

just like the front, looks like the new gti.......also I heard a rumor that they will no longer make jettas, the mk6(sorry forgot what its in roman numeral haha) will not be coming out anymore..
    2006 Jetta 2.5l (daily) 1987 Golf 1.8 8v (project)
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by DasBohan Hidden Content
    And neon lights? Remember how badass you thought you were with those light up sketchers. But then you realized you were just emphasizing and highlighting the fact that you were wearing shin high socks, ugly ass power ranger shorts, a snotty tshirt and casio wrist watch? Yeah thats what your mitsubishi eclipse looks like.

'02 Jetta 1.8T Derek589 is on a distinguished road Derek589's Avatar

Wow really like the look of the exterior on that. The interior design is pretty neat (minus all the white. It looks good but what a terrible color to keep clean) and the console extending into the back is interesting. kinda takes away from an extra spot that always is useful for cramming an extra person into the car.

Overall though that is pretty sick.

Senior Member The97Sleeper is on a distinguished road The97Sleeper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ389 View Post
    also I heard a rumor that they will no longer make jettas, the mk6(sorry forgot what its in roman numeral haha) will not be coming out anymore..
    NOOOOOO!!!! Evo's made it to ten so can jetta's. hopefully that rumor is not true.
    --Alex

Personal Build Thread

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by darksidedub Hidden Content
    newborn initiation....keg stand.

Master Necromancer SKAREKROW is on a distinguished road SKAREKROW's Avatar

be happy. the MKVI is still going to be made. Stop spreading rumors! Many have it already.

+ Reply to Thread