VW Jetta MKV: Proper way to disable airbag sensors. |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proper way to disable airbag sensors.

Default Proper way to disable airbag sensors.

Hello, going to be replacing the entire front end on an 09’ 2.5 and part of that will be moving the airbag sensors from the current rad support to the new one. Obviously I don’t want to set off the airbags. Is disconnecting the battery enough or is their residual power left? At the fire Dept we were always told even the smallest of residual voltage can set off the bags so I want to make sure I do it correctly.

Thanks
    Tyler

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Default Re: Proper way to disable airbag sensors.

most procedures call for disconnecting the battery and then waiting 10 to 30 minutes after the battery is disconnected. Most airbag connectors have a special plug that shorts the 2 wires together so that there is no accidentally grounding of the connectors. I would disconnect the battery then wait 30 minutes until you disconnect the sensors.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essay Empire is a leading firm in the UK to do your essay efficiently. Just tell us, “please write my essay for me” and get a top-quality paper at cheap.
    Do My Essay For Me

+ Reply to Thread