VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: 2003 Jetta automatic stuck in 1st gear |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2003 Jetta automatic stuck in 1st gear

Junior Member TurboPirate is on a distinguished road TurboPirate's Avatar

Default 2003 Jetta automatic stuck in 1st gear

Hello, I just got this 2003 Jetta from a friend, he said one morning he started the car and got stuck on first gear, since he never liked the car he parked it and used the second car, gave me the keys, I checked fluid level, needed half a quart, added it but still stuck on first gear, I did a search the engine is 2.0L the trans is 01M model, I have never worked on modern VW, I worked on the air cooled and the Rabbit carburetor and K jetronics, so I got no idea on this 2003 Jetta, I am sure the trans is OK, works OK and next morning it doesn't, an auto trans gives you signals when it's at it's end.....................Thanks in advance TP.

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Default Re: 2003 Jetta automatic stuck in 1st gear

Quote Originally Posted by TurboPirate View Post
    Hello, I just got this 2003 Jetta from a friend, he said one morning he started the car and got stuck on first gear, since he never liked the car he parked it and used the second car, gave me the keys, I checked fluid level, needed half a quart, added it but still stuck on first gear, I did a search the engine is 2.0L the trans is 01M model, I have never worked on modern VW, I worked on the air cooled and the Rabbit carburetor and K jetronics, so I got no idea on this 2003 Jetta, I am sure the trans is OK, works OK and next morning it doesn't, an auto trans gives you signals when it's at it's end.....................Thanks in advance TP.
    Check the fluid level again, I've had a VAG car that needed to be filled 4 different times it was so low on fluid
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

+ Reply to Thread