VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: My turbo is filling with oil! Please help |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My turbo is filling with oil! Please help

Default My turbo is filling with oil! Please help

Ok so my dad and I pulled my 1.8 out and put a rebuild kit in it and we realized my turbo was cracked and I had another one from a junk yard that seemed to be in good health. Well we put it all together, put it back in the car and fired it up and it was running sort choppy but we didn't have some of the pcv lines and stuff on but it was running fine for probably 30 and then it just started smoking like a pig and I shut it off. Well come come ok find out it was just pushing oil through the seal in the turbo canister. And I'm not talking a little bit, I'm talking like spitting it out of the intake side of the turbo, so much so, that in could see it from inside the car. So my dad took it apart and put my old canister in the good housing and put it back in. Well still did the same thing. Well I finally said F it and got the money and bought a new turbo. And still doing the same thing. We thought maybe it's getting to much oil due to the banjo bolts and so my dad made a restrictor for it and still doing the same thing. We are more then stumped over this so if someone could help that would be much appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: My turbo is filling with oil! Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Thejetti View Post
    Ok so my dad and I pulled my 1.8 out and put a rebuild kit in it and we realized my turbo was cracked and I had another one from a junk yard that seemed to be in good health. Well we put it all together, put it back in the car and fired it up and it was running sort choppy but we didn't have some of the pcv lines and stuff on but it was running fine for probably 30 and then it just started smoking like a pig and I shut it off. Well come come ok find out it was just pushing oil through the seal in the turbo canister. And I'm not talking a little bit, I'm talking like spitting it out of the intake side of the turbo, so much so, that in could see it from inside the car. So my dad took it apart and put my old canister in the good housing and put it back in. Well still did the same thing. Well I finally said F it and got the money and bought a new turbo. And still doing the same thing. We thought maybe it's getting to much oil due to the banjo bolts and so my dad made a restrictor for it and still doing the same thing. We are more then stumped over this so if someone could help that would be much appreciated. Thanks
    it could be coming from one of the PCV lines that goes into the intake right before the turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread