VW Jetta: 2019 Jetta Speedometer connector schematic/pinout needed|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2019 Jetta Speedometer connector schematic/pinout needed

Default 2019 Jetta Speedometer connector schematic/pinout needed

hi everyone,
    i am working on a 2019 Jetta that was in a collision. the vehicle cant be powered up, but i need to power up the speedometer to determine mileage.

the speedo main label in center has the following info
    17A920 840A 2700
    kombiinstrument 17a 160 then further over 252
    immobilizer GEKOWFS2

the harness has a pink lever and the following color wires
    black
    green
    brown
    purple w a white line
    brown w blue or grey line
    black w purple line
    red w green line

the last 2 are rotating close together (no visible wires touching in harness)
    green wire
    orange w thin black line

any ideas what 2 wires get 12v and what polairity?
    I dont want to assume the black is gnd and red w green are the power and smoke it.

thanks,

John

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Default Re: 2019 Jetta Speedometer connector schematic/pinout needed

on vw's brown is ground, and per the pin out brown is ground and the red with green tracer is 12v power this comes directly from fuse 17 which is a 7.5 amp fuse

hope this helps
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

Default Re: 2019 Jetta Speedometer connector schematic/pinout needed

Quote Originally Posted by Skimmer0220 View Post
    on vw's brown is ground, and per the pin out brown is ground and the red with green tracer is 12v power this comes directly from fuse 17 which is a 7.5 amp fuse

hope this helps
    THANK YOU!!! WORKED GREAT

I tried to insert the image but the image icon could not be clicked, tried drag and drop but that didnt work either

if you can tell me another way to upload a photo ill provide an image of the mileage for you if you are interested.

+ Reply to Thread